Last Modified: August 18, 2022
Droplette Inc. (“Droplette,” “we,” “us” or “our”) takes your privacy and the security of your information very seriously.
Collection of Personal Information
Information you provide
We (and our service providers) collect a variety of information that you voluntarily provide to us when you purchase our products, submit questions, request information, give us feedback, or otherwise interact with us and/or the Services. The specific types of Personal Information that you may provide to us are described below.
- Contact information. When you use or interact with the Services, we may collect or obtain relevant contact details, such as your name, physical address, phone number, or email address.
- Skincare information. We will collect information regarding the condition of your skin, skincare products you have used, or skincare procedures you have had that you voluntarily share with us.
- Photos and images. We will collect photos that you choose to upload to the Services as well as images and video recordings that we receive or capture during your use of the Services and our interactions with you.
- Payment information. If you make purchases on the Services, we will collect your billing address and method of payment, such as your credit or debit card information.
- Data you make public. If you post in a public space on the Services or otherwise choose to make your Personal Information public on the Services, we will collect or obtain such information. If you choose to share Personal Information publicly through the Services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who may access or collect this information.
- Other information you provide to us. We will collect any other information that you choose to provide, including during your interactions with customer service.
Information collected by automated means
When you visit and interact with the Services, we collect certain information automatically about your device, browser, and/or activity. This information may include your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device operating system, the website from which you linked to the Services (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after leaving the Services (the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser type, browser settings, language settings, device identifier numbers, the time and date of your visit to the Services, and information about your usage of the Services.
Information collected through the App
When you download and use the App, we will collect the serial number of your Droplette Micro-Infuser Device (the “Device”) and identifiers associated with the capsules you use. We will also collect data about your use of the Device, such as the frequency of your use of the Device and the capsules that you have used. We use this data to understand how you are using the Device and to send you reminders regarding your use of use of the Device and other information that you might find helpful.
Additionally, when you use the App, with your consent, we may collect information about your device (e.g., GPS and other sensor data) that helps to determine your device’s location.
We will treat the information that we collect by automated means as Personal Information to the extent that it can be used to identify you.
“Do Not Track” signals: “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference that you can set in certain web browsers to inform the websites you visit that you do not want information about your online activity collected over time and across third-party websites or online services. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are not able to respond to DNT or other similar signals from your browser at this time, due to the lack of a clear industry standard.
Information received from third parties
We may receive Personal Information about you from third parties, such as your friend, if s/he decides to refer you to take advantage of our referral program and provides us with your email address. We may also receive your Personal Information from social media platforms that provide it to us.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
- distinguish between users;
- help you navigate the Services;
- enable and improve certain features and functionality;
- analyze how the Services are used; and
- provide you with an online experience customized to your needs and preferences.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some features of the Services may not work properly. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use third-party analytics providers to analyze traffic to the Services. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that may set cookies in your web browser, in order to help us understand how users engage with the Services. To learn more about Google Analytics’ data practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=en&ref_topic=1008008. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We may also participate in interest-based advertising using cookies and other similar technologies. This means that you may see advertising while using the Services that is tailored to how you browse or shop or you may see advertising for Droplette and its properties on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for Droplette and the Services. Other websites and platforms where you see our ads, such as Facebook and certain Google-owned websites, may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites as well as registration and other information about you to choose which ads to display to you.
Some internet browsers, websites/platforms (e.g., Facebook), and mobile devices allow you to exercise certain choices with respect to interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser, and/or your mobile device settings for additional information.
You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads using the opt-out tools and consumer choice mechanisms provided by interest-based advertising self-regulatory groups by following the links below:
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or provided to us. The specific business purposes for which we use the Personal Information we collect or otherwise obtain about you are described below.
- Provide and manage the Services. We use your Personal Information in connection with the provision, administration, and management of the Services.
- Process your transactions. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase our products, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery as well as to process returns or inform you of any recall.
- Customize and personalize the Services. We use your Personal Information to help us understand which parts of the Services are of most interest to you and customize or personalize your experience.
- Identify usage trends and improve the Services. We use your Personal Information to help us (or our partners and service providers) conduct research and analytics about your use of the Services and identify usage trends. We also use your Personal Information to identify issues and improve the Services.
- Fraud prevention and security monitoring. We use your Personal Information to detect, prevent, and investigate fraud and for other security purposes.
- Comply with law. We may use your Personal Information to comply with applicable law and/or respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
- As otherwise necessary or appropriate. We may use your Personal Information as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, and/or those of others.
Push notifications: If you are a registered user of the App, we may use certain information that we have collected from or about you to send push notifications to your mobile device. You can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications at any time by turning off the notification settings in the App or in your mobile device’s settings. Please note that even if you choose not to receive push notifications, you will still receive in-app notifications when you use the App.
Aggregate information: We may use one or more processes to de-identify Personal Information, such that only aggregate information (i.e., information that does not identify you) remains, and use, store, and transfer such information for our legitimate business purposes. Where applicable, we maintain and use the aggregate information in a de-identified fashion and do not attempt to re-identify the information.
Sharing of Personal Information
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “Use of Personal Information” section above, we may disclose your Personal Information to the categories of third parties described below.
- Our affiliates. We will share your personal information with our affiliates as necessary or appropriate.
- Our service providers. We will share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers as necessary to provide you with the Services. For example, we may share your personal information with third-party service providers to: (i) assist with providing the Services; or (ii) communicate with you about current or future offerings. These third-party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store, or use the Personal Information they receive from us for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
- Our business partners. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that we partner with to provide services or other offerings to you.
- Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding), we may share your Personal Information with or transfer such information to certain third parties, such as the acquiring entity and its advisors.
- Competent governmental and public authorities. We may share your Personal Information with government and law enforcement authorities, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
- Other third parties. We may share your Personal Information with other third parties at your direction or with your consent. Additionally, we will share your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate to: (a) enforce our agreements; (b) protect our operations; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, and/or those of other persons; or (d) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
We may also share your Personal Information for other reasons that we will describe at the time of information collection or prior to sharing your information.
Your Choices and Rights
Under applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information, including the right to:
- request access to, or a copy of, your Personal Information, together with details about our handling of your Personal Information;
- request that we update the Personal Information we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- withdraw the consent that you have given us to use your Personal Information (where applicable); or
- request that we delete the Personal Information we hold about you (subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law).
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights outlined above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.In order to protect your privacy, we may require you to provide certain information to verify that it is you making the request. Where applicable, we will use the requested information for verification purposes only.
Opt out of marketing and promotional communications
We may send you periodic newsletters and promotional emails and/or text messages to your mobile device, and we will obtain your consent to do so, where required by law. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions included in each communication. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, we may still send you administrative and transactional messages from which you cannot opt out.
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of children, especially in the online environment. The Services are not designed for or intentionally directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have received Personal Information from an individual under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to remove the individual’s Personal Information from our records.
Protection of Personal Information
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information under our control. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your Personal Information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information. Any email or other communication purporting to be from the Services asking you to provide sensitive information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Information